Client Service Associate
Location: New York
AlphaSights is the global leader in knowledge on-demand. We connect investors and business leaders with the knowledge they need to succeed. Working from nine cities globally, our 1500+ colleagues provide round-the-clock coverage to the world’s top investment funds, consultancies, and Fortune 500s. Founded in 2008, AlphaSights is a fast-growing, founder-led company.
Learn more about us at alphasights.com.
About this role
As a Client Service Associate, your work is at the heart of what we do: you’ll be the link between our clients and the expert knowledge they seek.
To succeed in this role, you need to be motivated to deliver results for your clients and to achieve commercial goals. This is a communications-intense frontline role requiring a client-first mindset and the ability to multi-task across parallel workstreams. Throughout a fast-paced workday, you’ll work on urgent projects from investors, strategists, and dealmakers at top-tier client organizations. You’ll field incoming project briefs, quickly assess your clients’ exact knowledge needs (e.g. when due-diligencing an investment opportunity), and then find, outreach, and vet the experts most suited for each project. You will own and manage all aspects of client-to-expert interactions, including scheduling, rescheduling, and follow-up inquiries.
What you’ll do
- Client service: Field incoming client briefs and utilize your business acumen to find and recommend the most relevant experts for each project. Complete tasks across multiple projects quickly and under pressure and go the extra mile to impress your clients with your proactivity and responsiveness.
- Market context: Understand the project brief and the legal and regulatory environment in which your clients operate. Apply the compliance protocols to each situation.
- Expert recruiting: Confidently reach out to, recruit, and vet experts who are uniquely relevant matches for your clients’ projects.
- Commercial impact: Take on direct revenue responsibility and own monthly targets from the outset.
What you’ll get
- Client and senior executive facing responsibility from the get-go.
- The opportunity to make a measurable contribution to your business unit’s revenue growth and to achieve significant variable compensation reflecting your success.
- A clear career path for advancement to Manager after 24-30 months, and to Vice President after ~5 years.
- A unique training curriculum and intense on-the-job coaching, helping you develop highly transferable commercial and managerial skills.
- An inspiring, high-energy, merit-based environment with ambitious peers.
- Undergraduate degree, no subsequent experience necessary.
- Track record of strong academic performance (minimum GPA of 3.3)
- Extracurricular achievement throughout school and university
- Internship experience evidencing an interest in business
- Outstanding communication skills
- Fluent English is required
- Work authorization in the United States
- We don’t sponsor visas but will consider applicants with STEM/OPT eligibility
Compensation and benefits
- Expect total first-year compensation in excess of $90,000 consisting of (i) annual base salary of $75,000 and (ii) uncapped variable compensation linked to individual performance
- 17 vacation days, in addition to 10 public holidays, and business closure during winter holiday week
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) match – 4% of your total compensation matched dollar-for-dollar
- Prime midtown office with state-of-the-art amenities; option to WFH each Friday
AlphaSights is an equal-opportunity employer.