As a Behavior Technician at Balance Autism, you are responsible for helping children diagnosed with autism learn new skills and achieve greater independence through data-driven therapy.
Along the way, you will grow your career one step at a time—receiving constructive feedback, undergoing regular training and education, working with our staff to make a positive impact within our organization, and pursuing opportunities for advancement.
- Work directly with children
- Develop and execute treatment plans
- Monitor personalized programs
- Collect and track data and document the results
- Work closely with a team and report regularly to your supervisor
YOU’RE A GOOD FIT FOR THIS POSITION IF…
- You are passionate for people and autism. Helping others gives you satisfaction, even if the person doesn’t express gratitude in return.
- You are a curious learner. As a behavior technician, you will continually learn new lessons about the nature of human behavior and the brain. Those who are naturally curious will find their work more fulfilling.
- You are engaged. For you, this is more than a job—it’s a career and a passion. You recognize that our work has a profound impact on the families we serve, and you’re passionate about making an impact on their lives while opening new doors for your career. You’re all-in.
- You are data-driven. You recognize that data is essential to our approach. You diligently collect and report data and base your actions on the results.
- You are optimistic. Your work can be stressful and emotionally demanding. But, for the well-being of our clients and our team members, you approach each day with a positive attitude. You also communicate frequently with your supervisor and tell them when you’re feeling overwhelmed.
- $16.50/hr for individual with a completed four year degree or RBT Certification
- $15.00/hr for individual in training for RBT Certification provided by Balance Autism
- Student loan repayment program with up to 8% contribution match
- 403 (b) retirement plan with up to 8% employer match
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- Generous PTO plans
- Access to a huge private discount network, with up to 40% off restaurants, shopping, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree or Register Behavior Technician (RBT) Certification- Ask us about our training program to become an RBT
- Valid driver’s license and auto insurance (for most positions)
- Pass pre-employment motor vehicle report and criminal background checks
Shifts will take place during clinic business hours, Monday through Friday. The morning shift would begin at 8:00am and the last shift of the day will end around 7:00pm, with one shift in between. There are part-time and full-time opportunities available.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee will engage in bending, squatting, and kneeling quite frequently when working with small children. The employee may be working with children who may have extreme behavioral challenges including aggression or self-injury. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
We are an equal opportunity employer.