The primary responsibility of a Camp Floater position at the Blank Park Zoo is to provide support and help maintain staff coverage for summer camp programs. This includes interacting with the campers (ages 3-12), assisting with the day-to-day operations of the summer camp, creating unique educational opportunities and providing information about our animals and exhibits. The Assistant Camp Counselor is responsible for ensuring guest and animal safety, while assisting with summer camp and working in various public positions throughout the Zoo.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Supervise the safety and wellbeing of campers during camp Before/After Care
- Supervise and coordinate camp lunches
- Act as a substitute in the event Lead or Assistant Counselors are absent
- Serve as a 1:1 for campers with special needs
- Serve as a role model for our summer campers, working to ensure they have a safe and fun camp environment all summer long
- Interact with parents, guardians, staff and guests in a professional manner
- Report suggestions and observations to supervisors
- Complete camp paperwork as relates to our policies and procedures
- Set up and breakdown equipment and activities related to Summer Safari Camps
- Assists with camper drop off and pick up
- Work with and supervise volunteers
See full job description on our website: https://www.blankparkzoo.com/contact-us/jobs/camp-floater/