To millions of Americans, Blue Cross and Blue Shield means peace of mind when it’s needed the most. That’s because the Blue Cross and Blue Shield brand represents the nation’s largest and most experienced health care benefit companies, providing insurance coverage to 1 out of every 3 Americans. As a licensee of the BCBS Association since 1939, BCBSNE has celebrated 80+ years of Nebraskans serving Nebraskans. Not only do we provide health insurance coverage to Nebraskans, we are also active members of the communities where our customers live and work by giving back through volunteering and our corporate social responsibility efforts. In addition, we take care of our employees: BCBSNE was named the 2nd best employer in Nebraska by Forbes in 2023. We would love for you to be a part of BCBSNE’s journey as an intern where you will gain hands-on experiences solving real-world problems.
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Nebraska is a Partner of Choice for the Nebraska University System. Our Interns work a hybrid schedule and spend some days working on-site at our Omaha office located in Aksarben Village. Therefore, you will need to live within commuting distance from June 3, 2024 – August 2, 2024.
The Marketing department is looking for current students eager to apply their coursework to on-the-job marketing practice. This intern supports marketing and campaign execution across all lines of business. The position would be full time during the summer and part-time during the school year. Strong candidates should have a curiosity in the areas of marketing strategy and management, product marketing, and/or integrated marketing campaign development.
What you’ll do:
- Assist with the execution of multiple marketing campaigns for internal and/or external audiences
- Work closely with internal business partners and external vendors to implement campaign tactics
- Assist Marketing team with data entry and reporting activities
- Assist with organization and review of marketing materials, marketing material libraries, and website content
- Must meet or exceed department attendance and timeliness requirements
- Must work well in a team environment, and be capable of building and maintaining positive relationships with other staff, vendors and customers
To be considered for this position, you must:
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelors or associates degree program in Marketing, Communications or a related field.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- The ability to meet or exceed the attendance and timeliness requirements of their departments.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted to meet this requirement.
Learn more about what makes BCBSNE such an exceptional place to work by visiting NebraskaBlue.com/Careers.
We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspective and background will lead to a better workplace for our employees and a better product for our customers and members.
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Nebraska is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer – Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans