The CDC utilize Direct Hire Authority to fill vacancies in a variety of occupations. The vacancy is a REPOSITORY of applications.
Applications may be periodically referred to hiring managers both during the open period and after the closing date. Because of the large number of applications anticipated, applicants’ status will not be updated.
Clarification from the agency
Please read this Public Notice in its entirety prior to submitting your application for consideration. You are applying to a resume database. Your resume and any documents submitted will be retained and may be used at any time during or after the open period of this Public Notice. U.S. Citizenship is REQUIRED.
Duties and responsibilities vary and may increase according to the grade level and series of the position.
This public notice will be used to fill the positions listed below at multiple grade levels and locations.
- Program Analyst (Data Analytics)- Grades GS-7 through GS-15
- Public Health Analyst (Data Analytics)- Grades GS-7 through GS-15
- Information Technology Specialist (Data Management/Cloud Engineer/Data Engineer)- Grades GS-7 through GS-15
Conditions of Employment
- US Citizenship is required.
- E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS “E-Verify” System. Federal law requires DHS to use the E-Verify System to verify employment eligibility of all new hires, and as a condition of continued employment obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system. The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services is an E-Verify Participant.
- Direct Deposit: All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
- All qualification requirements must be met upon submission of application.
- One-year probationary period may be required.
- Re-employed Annuitants may be considered to fill vacancies. If you have retired from federal service and are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet via http://intranet.cdc.gov/hro/docs/jobs/NDAA-Reemployed-Annuitants.pdf
- This position can be filled at any grade level.
- Bargaining Unit Position: May be a bargaining unit position
- This position may be subject toa OGE Financial Disclosure CDC Financial Disclosure-The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention inspires public confidence in its trust responsibilities and mission by maintaining high ethical principles. This position is subject to the confidential financial disclosure requirements of the Ethics in Government Act of 1978 (P.L. 95-521). Therefore, if selected, you will be required to complete a Confidential Financial Disclosure Report (OGE Form 450) to determine if a conflict or an appearance of a conflict exists between your financial interest and your prospective position with the agency. This Information will be required annually.
- Due to positions being filled at multiple grade levels and locations, you may be subject to initial and random drug testing.
- This position may be subject to a Background/Security Investigation.
- This position may be subject to Telework.
- Travel, transportation, and moving expenses may be authorized.
- Annual Leave for non-federal service may be authorized.
- Research position: No
- Supervisory position: No
The link to the OPM Qualification Standards are listed below.
Applicants must have at least one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the next lower GS level in which you are applying for.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Education completed in colleges or universities outside the United States may be used to meet the education requirements. You must provide acceptable documentation that the foreign education is comparable to that received in an accredited educational institution in the United States. For more information on how foreign education is evaluated, visit: https://sites.ed.gov/international/recognition-of-foreign-qualifications.
Locality pay will be adjusted to reflect location negotiated after selection. This is not a remote position. If selected, you will be required to sign a Statement of Understanding (SOU) for negotiable location requirements. Find more information on locality and pay scales. Salary may be adjusted to include a Cost of Living Allowance (COLA) of 2.86% for Anchorage, Alaska, 10.28% for Honolulu, Hawaii, and 3.13% for Puerto Rico.
This position is being filled through Direct Hire Authority for this occupation and is open to all US Citizens.
Vacancies will be filled through OPM’s Direct Hire Authority. Veterans’ preference and traditional rating and ranking of applicants do not apply to positions filled under this announcement. All applicants who meet the minimum qualification requirements will be forwarded to the selecting official for consideration. Applications received as a result of job fairs, recruitment events, and emergency hiring mechanisms in support of this hiring initiative will also be accepted during the duration of the direct-hire authority.
For more information on OPM’s authorization of Direct Hire Authority, please visit: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/hiring-information/direct-hire-authority/
Recruitment and/or relocation incentives may be authorized.
Males born after December 31, 1959 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service (see http://www.sss.gov).