The Transfer Center Operation Specialist will provide administrative support for both the Transfer Center and Bed Management. Duties will include but not limited to the following: coordination of bed placement with assistance from RN, data management, compilation of reports, assistance with connection of physicians after initial RN triage, coordination of office logistics to assure consistent and optimal operation of transfer center including assurance of the performance of computers, programs, telephones, etc.
- Maintains a working knowledge of current Transfer Center/Bed Management directives
- • Data tracking for measurement related to transfers and bed management/patient flow into and within EMMC
- As a bed coordinator, the TCOS will be responsible for facilitating patient placement within EMMC; utilizing the RN designated to flow coordination to help with patient prioritization when indicated by algorithm
• Create and author reports for use by Leadership, specific department, service lines, referring hospitals
• Facilitate training/orientation, maintain orientation information, and update training manuals
• Conduct case review and collection of support data to include call auditing when requested.
• Plan and execute system improvements to create high quality performances/service
• Audit documentation for accuracy/ completeness of patient/transfer information for all staff. Share data with supervisor for follow up.
• Assist the RN to connect calls on the Transfer Center side. Process calls with clinical guidance from RN.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required
- Medical Terminology
- Preferred experience in healthcare
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Access, and Word)
Competencies and skills:
* Behaves with Integrity and Builds Trust: Acts consistently in line with the core values, commitments and rules of conduct. Leads by example and tells the truth. Does what they say they will, when and how they say they will, or communicates an alternate plan.
* Cultivates Respect: Treats others fairly, embraces and values differences, and contributes to a culture of diversity, inclusion, empowerment and cooperation.
* Demonstrates Adaptability: Learns quickly when facing a new problem or unfamiliar task; is flexible in their approach with changing priorities and ambiguity. Manages change effectively and does not give up during adversity. Capable of changing one’s behavioral style and/or views in order to attain a goal. Absorbs new information readily and puts it into practice effectively.
* Fosters Accountability: Creates and participates in a work environment where people hold themselves and others accountable for processes, results and behaviors. Takes appropriate ownership not only of successes but also mistakes and works to correct them in a timely manner. Demonstrates understanding that we all work as a team and the quality and timeliness of work impacts everyone involved.
* Practices Compassion: Exhibits genuine care for people and is available and ready to help; displays a deep awareness of and strong willingness to relieve the suffering of others.
* Serves Others: Strives to understand, meet and exceed the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers which may include the people and communities in our service areas. Develops and maintains relationships, alliances and coalitions within and outside the organization and leverages them in order to obtain information, support, and promote cooperation and collaboration.
* Associate’s Degree