We are currently hiring for a Credit & Collection Specialist in our Batavia, Illinois location. The Credit Collection Specialist will work in a team environment to manage an assigned account portfolio of business to business collection of past due amounts, assist in resolution of billing and customer issues while minimizing bad debt along with establishing credit worthiness and performing internal investigations for new customer account requests.
- Conduct account credit reviews for current and new account requests by performing preliminary credit analysis.
- Ensure that orders are released in a timely manner while analyzing that the customer is within the account credit perimeters.
- Proactively contact customers regarding payment using various collection tools including phone contact, past due notices, emails and demand letters to minimize bad debt loss.
- Update account status records and collection efforts for accurate information.
- Reconcile customer accounts regarding short pays, unauthorized deductions taken and return authorization status.
- Follow necessary steps to process electronic payments and refunds in timely manner.
- Communicate with sales department to maintain accurate and updated client account details and payments status.
- Report collection activity and account receivable status monthly.
- Assist in maintaining updates to customer accounts within our ERP system.
- Assist as back-up to other Credit and Collection Specialist.
- Perform related duties as assigned by the Corporate Credit Manager and/or Corporate Controller.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong customer service skills both in person and virtually
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-motivated and functions well independently as well as within in a team
- Comfortable in multi-tasking environment
- Superior organizational and time management skills
- Microsoft Office experience
- 2-4 years’ experience as a collection specialist or similar role
- Knowledge of billing procedures and collection techniques
- Proven customer service experience
- Proficient with Microsoft office products
- Office environment – team orientated