Compensation will be room and board waiver for academic year 2023-2024.
1. Maintain a 2.0 grade point average, both cumulative and each semester. The Residence Life Office will review grades; if you do not maintain a 2.0 GPA, your contract may be terminated.
2. Return to campus for fall training, typically held the two weeks before classes start. Participate actively in all other scheduled training sessions, in-services, and other meetings (i.e. staff, committee, and individual meetings with your supervisors) designated by the Residence Life professional staff. This includes winter break training. **Note: These dates are subject to change based on the Peru State Football arrival date still TBD.
3. Maintain weekly contact with each resident, and log conversations in the one on one tracker provided by supervisor.
4. Build a responsible living community through regular programming, effective interaction, and outreach.
5. Understand, abide by, and enforce all college and Residence Life policies and procedures.
6. Act as a positive representative of the Residence Life Office in interactions with others, in person and digitally. Role model positive behavior both on and off campus, including on social media (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, etc.).
7. Work as a unit and team member with the entire Residence Life staff, as well as your hall teams, and actively promote the Residence Life program by supporting the mission and philosophies of the Residence Life Office and Peru State College.
8. Participate in the recruitment, selection, and training of new staff.
9. Perform various administrative tasks, such as check-in, check-out, inventory forms, survey distribution, evaluations, incident reports, duty logs, policy enforcement, and other tasks assigned by Residence Life professional staff.
10. Work closely with building residents, Residence Hall Association, and Student Senate.
11. Post welcome bulletin board/displays on a specified rotation based on requirements set by supervisor.
12. Post door decorations on a specified rotation based on requirements set by supervisor.
13. Assume a regular duty schedule including rounds, desk hours, office hours, and an on-call rotation. Respond immediately and appropriately to all emergency and discipline situations within your assigned area, as well as the entire Residence Life community.
14. Maintain room hours and availability. This includes spending weekday nights in your room and at least half the weekends of each month on campus. Exceptions to this rule may can be made, but must be pre-approved by supervisor in coordination with the Director of Residence Life.
15. Understand that RA room/floor/building assignments may be adjusted to fit departmental needs.
16. Understand the Resident Assistant Contract is for one year; reappointment for following year(s) is not automatic, and requires a separate selection process.
17. Assist and appropriately refer students with personal, social, and academic concerns. Serve as a referral agent for students to campus and community resources and agencies. Effectively utilize retention software.
18. Understand that the Director of Residence Life (DRL), Dean of Student Life (DSL), or designee reserves the right to remove any staff member at any time when, in their judgement, it is advisable. Failure to comply with any of the expectations or the RA job description may result in the termination of this contract. If removed from the position, you will be expected to maintain your housing contract, and will be assigned to a new housing location. Contract dates and room assignments are subject to change.
19. Must enroll for at least 12 credit hours, but not more than 18 each semester (exceptions may be granted).
20. Assist with the closing of the residence halls at the end of each semester. This requires staying on campus until the hall closing tasks are complete (usually the day after hall closing in fall and the day after graduation ceremonies in spring).
For more information or questions, please contact Cory Moen at email@example.com, call 402-872-2383, or stop by his office in the Student Center.