Seneca Family of Agencies was founded in 1985 as a small Bay Area residential and day treatment program with a simple but powerful mission: to help children and families through the most difficult times of their lives. Since then, Seneca has expanded to provide a broad continuum of permanency, mental health, education, and juvenile justice services, which today reach over 18,000 youth and families throughout California and Washington State each year. The agency’s growth has been guided by a commitment to our Unconditional Care® model – doing whatever it takes to help children and families thrive, even when faced with tremendous challenges. Seneca is committed to supporting historically underrepresented communities and informing agency policies and practices through its agency-wide DEI Initiative and DEI Advisory Board. Our agency’s values of love and compassion, hope and courage, respect, curiosity, joy, equity and justice anchor our work across all programs, ensuring our staff leverage the cultural strengths of the families and communities we serve. Seneca is committed to fostering an agency culture that is welcoming, cooperative, and inclusive of diverse peoples and worldviews.
About the Role
Join our team at Seneca Family of Agencies in our San Luis Obispo County Wraparound Program as our Bilingual Clinical Social Worker. The Bilingual Clinical Social Worker guides the Family Team through the phases of Wraparound, providing culturally responsive, trauma-informed, and family-centered services. This role facilitates Wraparound Family Teams, leads groups, and coordinates those that are providing services to Wraparound families, including Support Counselors, Permanency Specialists, and Family Partners. Our Kinship Center offers intensive “Wraparound” services to children and youth at risk of placement in a high-level group home, and to their families. The Wraparound programs are strength-based, family-driven, flexible and creative, with the goal of helping the family develop the skills and supports to prevent or reduce the possibility of residential placement of their child. This role offers a $2,000 sign-on bonus as well as a $4,000 salary increase upon getting licensed.
Seneca supports clinicians towards licensure and beyond. We provide individual and group supervision, regular clinical case conferences, licensure and renewal courses led by field experts. Clinical stipend for expenses such as outside trainings or licensure fees. $4,000 salary increase upon getting licensed. Professional Development Scholarships to achieve certifications in areas such as CBT, DBT, EMDR, or Spanish for mental health practitioners.
- Maintain a caseload of typically six to eight families
- Maintain regular contact with the Wraparound team members.
- Guide the Family Team through the phases of Wraparound, providing culturally responsive, trauma-informed and family-centered services.
- Respond to family emergencies according to the Wraparound Action Plan including connecting to services available through the Provider Network.
- Coordinate the youth’s Child and Family Team and develop the individualized treatment plan based on the Family Team’s strengths and needs, including safety planning.
- Assist the youth and the youth’s Child and Family Team to access needed resources and strength-based mental health services, social services, education services, and other supports and services.
- Provide on-call crisis/emergency services as needed for youth and families who access the program’s 24-hour crisis phone line.
- Discuss the provision and quality of activities actually provided with the youth and their Child and Family Team and ensure that the activities being provided are responsive to goals and needs identified in the treatment plan and Wrap Action Plan.
- Provide transportation for the youth to appointments or to access services as needed.
- Master’s degree in psychology/social work/counseling.
- Registration or licensure with the California BBS.
- Bilingual abilities in Spanish and English required.
- Experience working with children who are part of the child welfare system and/or behavioral health system.
- Strong computer, communication, and multi-tasking skills.
- Own vehicle, valid California driver’s license and insurability through Seneca’s automobile policy.
- TB test clearance, fingerprinting clearance, and any other state/federal licensing or certification requirements.
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination and booster required.
- 40 hours/week, full-time/exempt position in Atascadero
- Starting at $73,000 annually, commensurate with experience
- $2,000 sign-on bonus
- $4,000 salary increase upon licensure
- Mileage reimbursement
- Relocation assistance may be available
- Comprehensive employee benefits package, including:
- Medical, dental, vision, chiropractic, acupuncture, and fertility coverage
- Long-term disability, family leave, and life insurance
- 50% paid premiums for dependents
- 403b retirement plan
- Employer-paid Employee Assistance Plan
- 5 weeks of flexible paid time off and 11 paid holidays
- Excellent clinical training, individual and group supervision, and assistance toward licensure
- Opportunities to develop specialized skills, including clinical supervision, and evidence-based practices
- Professional development, training, and scholarship opportunities, including fully funded master’s degree programs
- Abundant training, growth, and promotional opportunities across the agency in California and Washington
***Please apply directly through our website by clicking here!***
Key Words: Social Worker, Mental Health, MFT, MSW, PCC, ASW, AMFT, APCC, LMFT, LCSW, LPCC, Therapist, Therapy, Social Work, Non-profit, Nonprofit, Youth, Advocate, Family, Children, Families, Behavioral Health, Healthcare