Thanks for your interest in Success Academy! Running the largest, fastest-growing, and highest-performing network of public charter schools in New York City takes a village – families, children, teachers, advocates, and supporters alike. We love to welcome you to our community! We work tirelessly every day to ensure each child in NYC has access to a fun, rigorous, whole-child education regardless of zip code or economic status. When you join SA, you play a part in giving every student who walks through the doors of one of our 53 schools in NYC a fair shot at reaching his or her potential.
Hiring now for Elementary, Middle and High School Positions on a rolling basis.
Are you passionate, driven, and looking for an intellectually charged environment where you can make an impact? As a teacher in New York City’s top-performing network of K-12 charter schools, you will join a team of professionals committed to teaching and preparing children from low-income neighborhoods to be self-assured thinkers and leaders, capable of exploring and debating sophisticated ideas, and ready for college and whatever they set their sights on.
A background in education is not required. At Success Academy, we provide you with extensive training and a proven curriculum so you can focus on working with your students instead of building lesson plans.
As we move rapidly toward our most ambitious years yet, we are looking for great minds with the drive to develop exceptional leadership skills, the collaborative spirit to elevate our learning community, and the passion to put their knowledge to work for profound social impact on behalf of children.
Career Advancement and Skill Development:
Success Academy gives you unparalleled opportunities to gain valuable professional skills and advance rapidly with leadership opportunities available both in the classroom and outside. As a teacher at Success you will:
- Sharpen your communication skills and develop strong, meaningful relationships with students, their families, and your peers and mentors.
- Become a highly skilled problem solver able to tackle challenges in and out of the classroom.
- Learn to assess and analyze data to chart your students’ growth and achievement, and tailor your own teaching methods accordingly.
- Engage in professional development opportunities with school leaders to benefit from targeted, in-the-moment feedback and coaching to improve your performance.
- Have the opportunity to grow as a leader and ultimately a leader of the entire grade team. There are also opportunities to enter our school leadership track as an assistant principal as well as to transition to our network office.
- Growth: Opportunity to pursue a Master’s Degree with certification at Touro College – Graduate School of Education (Free of Charge); all elementary school teachers are required to pursue a master’s degree.
- A bachelor’s degree before your first day of work with Success Academy
- A rigorous and relevant academic major and GPA of at least a 3.0 (i.e, biology, history, chemistry, economics, physics, English, mathematics, engineering, sociology, psychology)
- Ability to work in person in New York City ($2500 stipend for qualified relocations)
- Supervise a classroom of 20+ students
What We Look For:
- Drive for Excellence: You set ambitious goals for yourself and have never been afraid of putting in the hard work it takes to achieve them;
- Confidence and Presence: You enjoy taking the lead and inspiring others with your passion and commitment;
- Passion for Content: You relish literature, science, history, and/or math and independently seek to deepen your knowledge of subjects that interest you;
- Planning and Organizational Skills: You have experience juggling multiple responsibilities and are able to plan around competing priorities;
- Emotional Intelligence: You have strong instincts for building trusting relationships with people from a wide range of backgrounds;
- Learner: You are intellectually curious and are motivated to master new skills. You welcome feedback and coaching that will help you achieve your goals; and
- Grit and Determination: You are not frustrated by setbacks — you see them as an opportunity for growth.
Starting From: $50,000.00 – exact compensation may vary based on skills and experience.
About Success Academy:
We’re redefining what’s possible in public education. We set out to tackle this education crisis with a groundbreaking school design that delivers a rigorous, whole-child education to students from all backgrounds. Today, as the fastest-growing, highest-performing charter school network in New York, our network of 49 K-12 schools enrolls 20,000 students, most of them low-income children of color, and outperforms every district in the state, proving irrefutably that all children are capable of excellence.