Voices of Hope
Job Title: COMMUNITY OUTREACH ADVOCATE
Reports to: Education and Training Coordinator
Positions Supervised: Volunteers as assigned
Status: Full-time, salary, exempt
Direct Service Provision
- Provide crisis intervention and advocacy with individual clients.
- Share responsibility with other staff for crisis line, in-house advocacy, weekly staff-on-call, and weekend staff-on-call coverage.
- Assist with co-facilitation of support groups.
Communication and Outreach
- Act as liaison between staff, interns and volunteers and commonly utilized community resources focused on economic stability including housing, workforce, and mental health resources.
- Form and strengthen relationships with community partners.
- Represent Voices of Hope at community fairs, education and outreach events.
- Assist in prevention activities.
- Assist in providing volunteer training sessions as they relate to community outreach and partnerships.
- Assist in agency data collection.
- Maintain client records on own individual clients.
- Attend staff, case review and staff development meetings.
- Acknowledge and abide by the rules, policies and procedures of Voices of Hope.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATION: The candidate must have a passion for working with survivors of relationship violence and promoting social change. The ideal candidate will have also received education in human services, social work, counseling, criminal justice or a related field or have equivalent experience working with survivors of relationship violence. Voices of Hope encourages candidates with lived experience as well as those who are bilingual to apply.
TO APPLY: Submit a cover letter, resume, and three references to: Voices of Hope, 2545 N St., Lincoln, NE 68510. ATTN: Enhanced Advocate Selection Committee. Or email application items to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will start being reviewed on 3/13/24. Position will be opened until filled.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: Voices of Hope is proud of our staff members and their passion for helping victims of domestic violence and sexual assault. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, disability, or any other federal, state, or local protected class.